Monday, August 8, 2011

Go Forth...

Week 5 of my first transfer! Man oh man how it has flown by, right before my eyes! I remember when I got my mission call how excited I was to become a missionary and to start the work! I entered the MTC same excitement filled my soul. My first and second week man they where hectic but a great experience to came straight into pageant, the first two weeks flew by! Then came adjusting to regular missionary life 4 days of historic sites 1-2 days of area days. And I must admit it has been tough. I was called to teach in Spanish and there is not many Spanish speaking people here in Rochester. About a week ago I asked myself " Why was I called here?" As I thought of the situation I was in I must admit I began to feel a bit confused and sad. A few minutes into my pity party as one would call it, I came to a realization. YOU are called here to serve the PEOPLE of Rochester! No one said being a missionary would be easy and I must say it is not. Stop thinking of yourself and get to work. I remembered the words of the Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley when he told the story of him being on a mission a reciving a letter from his father with those exact words. During personal study I came across in the book of Alma a scripture that truly helped me!


Alma 26:27

Now when our hearts were depressed and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said; Go amongst thy brethren the Lamanites and bear with patience thine afflictions and I will give unto you success.

I can say that this week has been a though one but, I know without a doubt I am here becuase I am needed! I love the gospel and thats why I am here to share it with all those I come in contact with, all those who need comfort and love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment